For two decades, SouthWestern Power Group (SWPG) has been a bellwether in renewable storage and energy; smart power grids; and other innovative energy markets. The firm, located in Phoenix, is centered on the market of the Desert Southwest. The core specialty of SWPG is independent development of large-scale, utility-ready assets for transmission and generation.
SWPG has developed five high-profile powerplants that generate evolving energy. The company asked us to assist them with their new SunZia Southwest Transmission Project, built to transport energy from Arizona and New Mexico to customers and markets across the Desert Southwest. SunZia consists of two bidirectional extra-high-voltage electric transmission lines and substations. We were asked to develop an easy-to-use platform for this project that would achieve the following:
- Digitize their documentation process
- Minimize duplicate or lacking on-field reporting, in turn clarifying subsequent manual efforts by the quality control (QC) team
- Generate reliable field data from engineers and technicians
SPWG also asked us to strategize a campaign that would generate interest from these key players:
- Investor-owned utilities
- Public utility commissions
- Regional transmission authorities.